I realize that many people think that resolutions are stupid. Less than 50% of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, and less than 10% say they actually keep the ones they do make. I’m tapping into the power of social media/blogging to help me keep mine. It’s no secret that accountability is a huge motivator for change. What better way is there than to announce to the world publicly what I plan on changing or accomplishing in 2013? With all that said, here are my resolutions for 2013:
1) Spend time in the Word every day in 2013.
2) Spend at least 15 minutes of quiet time with the Father/Son every day in 2013.
3) Discuss Christ with someone who does not currently know Him.
4) Continue to be active at Ethos through Sunday worship, House Church, and service to others.
5) Spend more time with Kim discussing God and His unending love.
1) Complete the CPA exam.
2) Pursue potential other certifications that would benefit my career path.
3) Get a raise. This sounds shallow, but a raise is indicative of good work, which I strive to achieve.
4) Treat everyone I work with and work for with respect.
5) Inspire someone to be greater.
1) I will play guitar more often.
2) I will learn to play the piano.
3) I will record some of my music and potentially share it with someone other than my wife.
4) I will play more pickup soccer/football/basketball/etc.
5) Take more pictures and upload the ones that I do take.
1) I will track what I eat in an attempt to eat healthier. I’ve been using Myfitnesspal thus far, and it’s been awesome.
2) I will run a 5k (hopefully a few of them)
3) I will exercise at least 3 days a week
4) I will limit myself to a maximum of 3 Cokes or less a day (compared to upto 5 a day now, yes it’s a problem)
5) Just get in shape! The picture below shows that at one point in my life, I was eating right and exercising. Time to get back to that place.